This Privacy Notice describes how ProTeam, Inc.(“ProTeam”), a subsidiary of the Emerson Electric Co. (“ProTeam,” “our,” “us” or “we”), collects, uses and shares information about you (“Personal Information”) and what privacy choices we offer you when you use our websites, email notifications, mobile applications, social media applications, widgets, and other online services (the “Services”).
Information we collect We collect personal and non-personal information you provide us to make a purchase or a product inquiry or otherwise use the Services. We automatically collect personal and non-personal information about how you use the Services and your preferences.
How we use your information We use your information to provide you the Services you have requested, improve our Services, market our products, and track your preferences.
How we share your information We share your information with our affiliates and business partners to inform you about products and offers that may be of interest to you, unless you have requested that we not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We also share your information with our service providers, who are required to treat your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, as required by law and in certain other situations.
Your choices We provide you choices with respect to how we use and share you information.
Information Collection and Use
We may collect Personal Information (e.g., your name, contact information, payment information, and the like) and Non-personal Information (information that does not identify you, such as device data, aggregated data, and/or anonymous information) for various purposes, as follows:
- Purchases: To allow us to process purchases you make on our websites, we may collect your name, company, mailing and billing address, phone number, email address, and/or credit card and payment information.
- Analytics: To gather analytical information in order for us to continually improve your experience with our Services, we may collect pages and products viewed, products you added to your shopping cart, emails from us that you read, ads from us that you clicked on, browser type, operating system, IP address, device information and/or how you engaged with media in connection with our Services.
- Customer Service: To allow you to contact us and to allow us to respond to your questions about products or warranties, we may collect your name, company, title, mailing and billing address, phone number, email address, your industry, and/or the name and address of your dealer.
- Feedback: To allow you to rate and review our products and participate in community forums (e.g., message boards and blogs): name, email address, product(s) purchased, and other user-generated content you provide.
- Site Registration: To allow you to create an Emerson account in order to provide you a more personalized user experience, we may collect your name, birthday, company, mailing and billing address, email address, phone number, annual income, whether you own or rent your residence, and user-generated content that you provide using your Emerson account profile (e.g., in blogs or posts).
- Marketing: To provide you with tailored marketing communications and advertising and conduct market research, we may collect your name, date of birth, company, address, phone number, email address, IP address, device information, industry, whether you own our product, information you provide about your interests, demographics and/or experience with our products, and user-generated content that you provide (e.g., in blogs or posts).
- Location-Based Services: To allow you to locate the nearest retailer to purchase our products, we may collect your address, zip code, and, with your permission, location information on your mobile or other device.
We may also use your Personal Information in other ways that are consistent with the above-described purposes and to otherwise administer our websites and provide our Services to you.
Security Standards for Personal Information
We maintain commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect your Personal Information, including assuring that service providers who access or handle Personal Information on our behalf affiliates and third-party service providers maintain such safeguards. We seek to encrypt credit card numbers from e-commerce transactions conducted on our site using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. However, no method of Internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us at the email address listed below.
Emerson uses “cookies,” a small text file transferred to your device, along with similar technologies (e.g., internet tag technologies, web beacons and embedded scripts) to help provide you a better, more personalized user experience. These technologies are used to:
- Make the user experience more efficient (e.g., maintaining items in your Shopping Cart between visits).
- Remember your preferences (e.g., browsing language, account login information)
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our site, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently
The Options/Settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage the cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable Emerson cookies or all cookies through your browser settings, but please note that disabling cookies may impact some of the site’s features.
Emerson also allows third parties to place cookies on your device through the Services to:
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our site, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently.
- More effectively market Emerson products and services and advertise other products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Obtain your feedback on our products and the Services.
- Allow you to engage in our social media offerings (e.g., clicking the “Like” button on our site).
You may visit the following links from our third-party partners to opt-out of their tracking:
- To opt-out, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the unsubscribe or opt-out link in an email from Marketo
- IBM Digital Analytics
- To opt-out of email promotions, please click the unsubscribe or opt-out link in an email from SilverPop
- To opt-out of analytics for site use, please click here
- Google Analytics
- To opt-out, please download and install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- To opt-out, please click “No thanks” when prompted to participate in a ForeSee survey
Although not all cookies and similar technologies that Emerson uses are required for you to use our Services, disabling these technologies altogether could prevent the Services from working properly and disable features that allow you to take full advantage of the Services we offer.
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, our site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals. However, we do provide choices about what Emerson ads you receive through the opt-out links in the Cookies section above.
We only share your Personal Information with third parties as described below:
- Based on Your Consent. We may share or disclose your information at your direction.
- Affiliates and Business Partners. We may share your Personal Information with affiliates and other companies, including our dealers, in order for these companies to contact you about their products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you. To choose to opt-out of such disclosures, please contact us at [insert contact details]. This Privacy Notice does not govern these unaffiliated third-party websites or any other website that does not link to this Privacy Notice.
- Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with affiliated and unaffiliated companies that perform tasks on our behalf related to our business. Such tasks include, processing payments, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, locational services, analyzing site usage data, customer service, electronic and postal mail service, marketing services and social commerce and media services (e.g., Facebook, ratings, reviews and forums). Third-party service providers only receive your Personal Information as necessary to perform their role, and we instruct them not to use your Personal Information for any other purposes.
- Legal Obligations. We will use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Business Transfers. We may share your Personal Information with a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Modifying Your Personal Information
We will retain you Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer period is required or allowed by law. If you have created an Emerson online account and would like to update the information you have provided to us.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please write to us by mail at Workshop c/o Emerson Tool Co. ATTN: Customer Service / Privacy, 8100 West Florissant Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63136, or by email at email@example.com.
Emerson reserves the right to update to this Privacy Notice. Please check the “Effective Date” legend at the top of this page to see when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Unless otherwise noted, any changes we make to this Privacy Notice, will become effective immediately once posted on this page. Your continued use of the Services following any changes to this Privacy Notice indicates your consent to the practices described in the revised Privacy Notice.